It was great time feasting on our beloved local food at the Local Gourmet Fiesta, which kicked off a four-week extravaganza on Orchard Road! A one-off dining pop-up at Shaw House on the first weekend from 21 to 23 April 2017, foodies on Orchard Road can savour culinary signatures by 6 popular local restaurants, including well-known Good Chance Popiah and Keng Eng Kee Seafood.
The Fiesta on a Great Street is chock-full of yummy food, great deals, and amazing steals, which will leave you spoilt for choice. This weekend, savour culinary signatures by 6 popular local restaurants at Shaw House Building’s Level 1 foyer. You might even win a fabulous staycation. Just take a picture of your favourite dish at the Local Gourmet Fiesta and share your thoughts on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtags #FiestaOnAGreatStreet and #LeaveBoringBehind. Isn’t that simple?
One of our favourites today was the glutinous rice with filling ($18.90) whipped up by the chefs of Potluck.
We also sampled local delights like nasi lemak, putu mayam, and coffee pork burger. The amazing chefs from Good Chance Popiah, Keng Eng Kee Seafood, Baker’s Oven Patisseries, Café O, and Rice Bowl certainly made our tastebuds and tummies very happy.
And guess what, our gluttony is for a good cause too – with 20% of the proceeds going to the Singapore Red Cross.
If you enjoy cooking up a storm in your own kitchen, sign up for the masterclasses where you’ll learn from the best. Perfect the art of making a delicious sous vide egg from the Chief Culinary Officer of Samsui, Iron Man Chef Heman, who has 20 years of experience in western, local, and Asian cuisine.
If you are going for a more traditional feel, then join Ah Boy, the fourth generation owner of Good Chance Popiah as he teaches you the secrets of how to cook a tasty mee sua. As a special treat, you’ll even get to meet his 98-year-old Ah Gong who has passed on his heritage Chinese cuisine recipes down the generations.
You can sign up here: http://www.orchardroad.org/event/local-gourmet-fiesta/
Exclusive Mastercard® Shopping Privileges For Everyone!
- Beauty Lovers can treat oneself to the latest make-up and skincare products with brands like M.A.C and Jurlique and wellness treatments such as LPG Endermospa Total Care at $88 (U.P $300) at Ngee Ann City.
- Fashion buys include 50% off Converse apparels and accessories with any purchase of footwear, 10% regular-priced items from agnès b and more.
- Hotel Jen orchardgateway, Hotel Jen Tanglin and Regent Hotel from 21 April – 21 May to enjoy late check-out, 15% off weekend rates and even complimentary upgrades.
- Charge a minimum of S$300 nett to your Mastercard credit/debit card at participating malls on Orchard Road to redeem S$30 worth of shopping vouchers!* Limited to the first 200 Mastercard cardholders per week per mall for Week 1 (Fri 21 April – Thu 27 April 2017) and Week 2 (Fri 28 April – Thu 4 May 2017) respectively; and on a while-stocks-last basis for Week 3 and Week 4 (Fri 5 May – Sun 21 May 2017).
- Enjoy $5 off taxi fare with promo code “ORCHARD” when you ride with ComfortDelGro (CDG) via Taxi Booking App through Mastercard payment to and from the 7 participating malls: 313@somerset, Forum The Shopping Mall, Orchard Central, Paragon, Scotts Square, Takashimaya Shopping Centre / Ngee Ann City and Wisma Atria. Promotion is valid on Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays and capped at 500 rides every Friday to Saturday, from 21 April to 21 May.
This post is written by guest food writer Cherylyn. Edits & photos by myself, Qiyunz.